I wear wingtips to the beach. Deal with it.
I thought that I could help. Lend a hand, like a narcoleptic at a bandsaw, as they say. I am, after all, the Manliest Man on the Intertunnel. I know Lawrence of Arabia once brought a horde of Bedouins out of the Nefud Desert, but I once brought a man out of a wine cellar four times in an hour-and-a-half. Seriously.
Since the Dos Equis guy got ten minutes older and now he's just another guy in the nursing home, I thought I should step up to the plate and offer the youngsters some guidance on what makes a Manly Man. It's not enough that they should learn simply from studying Freddie Mercury posters while listening to Black Oak Arkansas records. I mean, that's pretty manly stuff, and it's a good start and all, but this is Graduate School for Pheromones, baby. Here's my 25 Manly Things Every Manly Man Should Know How To Do:
- Parallel park a supertanker
- Gap a spark plug while windsurfing
- Bring a woman to orgasm using only cologne
- Walk into any room, approach the biggest, meanest person there, say nothing, and then punch them in the throat -- Bonus points are awarded if there are any adult males in the room.
- Circumcise a Great White Shark -- A boat is cheating.
- Eat a flash cube -- Remember to punch anyone that asks you what a flash cube is.
- Drink from the skull of your vanquished enemies -- If you're currently battling a squirrel in the attic, it's more of a shot glass thing.
- Hear the lamentations of their women -- That's why you should always wear hearing protection. Don't want to miss out on the lamentation because of tinnitus
- Carve a holiday turkey with a chainsaw
- Iron a button-down shirt while you're wearing it
- Fell a tree
- Tree a feller
- Use a torque wrench to, like, you know, torque things
- Wear a hockey helmet to a board meeting
- Drive a stick shift to drink
- Grow your own lasagna
- Mix concrete in your wife's blender and get away with it
- Replace a broken windowpane using molten glass
- Know how to treat severe sunburn caused by exposure to the little lightbulb in the refrigerator that holds your beer
- Perform the Heimlich Maneuver on anyone that sneezes
- Give a tick Lyme Disease
- When you're at work, and there's a Women's Studies graduate in the next cubicle, every time you make a mistake loudly declaim: At home I put my wife on top so I can screw up there, too!
- Lose those love handles using a jack plane
- Build a fire in the wilderness using only one match and fourteen gallons of gasoline
- Your mother